Best Blogger Tips What's in a Name? | Katie Dale

Thursday 11 November 2010

What's in a Name?

Apparently, quite a lot!

Just heard from my editors that they'd like me to consider an alternative title for my upcoming YA/Crossover novel. 'Someone Else's Footprints' they say "feels like something we've read before - perhaps a mystery?"

So they've come up with a few alternatives, and I've also added my own to the list above. (Please note, any title which includes the word Lives/Life I want to do something fancy with so it also reads 'LIE' e.g. Someone Else's Life/Someone Else's Lie)

This is where you come in! PLEASE HELP!!

I would be SO grateful if you'd have a quick squiz at the titles at the top of this page and tick your favourite(s) - which one would you pick up off a bookshelf?

If there are any you love - or hate! - please feel free to leave a comment (below) telling me why - Or perhaps you have a better suggestion altogether?

Anyone who comes up with a NEW title that makes it to print will get a whole stash of goodies - an ARC, a printed acknowledgement in the book, A CHARACTER NAMED AFTER THEM, and much much more...

Here's the synopsis:

"When seventeen-year-old Rosie’s mother, Trudie, dies from Huntington’s Disease, her pain is intensified by the knowledge that she has a fifty-per-cent chance of inheriting the crippling disease herself.

Only when she tells her mum’s best friend, ‘Aunt Sarah’ that she is going to test for the disease does Sarah, a midwife, reveal that Trudie was not her real mother after all – that she was swapped at birth for a baby destined to die…

Devastated, Rosie decides to trace her real mother, hitching along on her ex-boyfriend’s GAP year to follow her to Los Angeles.

But all does not go to plan, and as Rosie discovers yet more of her family's deeply-buried secrets and lies, she is left with an agonising decision of her own - one which will be the most heart-breaking and far-reaching of all... "
 
So what should the title be...?

4 comments:

Keren David said...

Oh my, the best prize ever....

I'm going to object to When I Was You for obvious reasons.

How about Changing Lives
Parallel Lies
Side by Side
Cheating Fate
Someone Else's Life
The Changeover
Swapped
Exchanged
Cheating Death
The Death Swap
Life Swap (I love this one)
Deadly Legacy
The Decision
Stolen Life

Keren David said...

Oh! I'm obsessed now.

Swapping Lies
Someone Else's Lie

katie dale said...

Lots of fab titles - will there be a new character called Keren...? :)

Unknown said...

If it wasn't so close to Another Me by Catherine McPhail - 'The Other Me' would be my choice. It's hard to do when you don't know the whole story. I won't be able to stop thinking about it now - thanks!(I'll vote soon :)

I like Keren's title, Parallel Lies - oo - now the challenge is on...

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Read Chapter 1

 
Copyright Katie Dale 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .